Thursday, August 03, 2006

Wedding Bells in TO



This past weekend. JB and I attended the wedding of my friend TD. JB took the photo of the lovely couple leaving the church. I love how you can see the rose petals we were flinging at them flying through the air. The wedding was great fun and of course the main focus of this wedding, being an Italian - Greek wedding, was the food! I have not eaten as much food in one sitting ever. I felt like I was at some 3 day feast from ancient Roman times. The servers kept coming out with more food. There was an amazing seafood salad, a pasta dish, a rice dish which I managed to get through when JB leaned over and whispered to me "you know you have an 8oz veal chop and a stuffed chicken breast coming out next". JB would know as he studied the menu card on the table quite closely. The veal chop was great, as was the chicken. Along came a small dish of sorbet and then yet another dish with amazing grilled shrimps and calamari. Speeches and dining over, the DJ started his show and the dancing began. Me and my girlfriend Espinoza were so full we had to get on the dance floor to try and work off some of the meal. Our better halves JB and Migs decided that dancing was not for them and sat at the table and watched us ladies dance with everyone else on the dance floor. JB must have decided he needed to work off some food as a few songs later he decided to dance two slow songs with me and then a waltz! Normally, JB will not dance this much at an event.
Close to midnight the hall staff moved some panels away to display another room which had three tables loaded with huge trays of fruit, pastries and the wedding cake. Espinoza and I both groaned "not more food". Even though I didn't have the room for another bite, I just had to try the wedding cake (photo)which was really quite excellent and I grabbed some fresh figs and strawberries in the odd belief that if I ate some fresh fruit it would make the whole night of eating somehow healthier and less fattening. In reality, the whole idea of a wedding is to enjoy and eat and celebrate and not count calories which we certainly did. JB has a great account of the church ceremony. Let's just say Espinoza and I did spot "Commando Girl" on the dance floor later that evening. We were both still mystified as to how one could sit in a church "commando" particularly in the heat and humidity. I know my Mother told me always to wear clean underwear better yet try and wear underwear at all times particularly in Church! All and all it was a great wedding and we all had a great time with much eating, dancing and laughing with friends. The Bride and Groom are off to Las Vegas to see some shows and will be back in TO next week sometime.

Quote of the Day:

To keep your marriage brimming,
With love in the loving cup,
Whenever you're wrong admit it;
Whenever you're right shut up.

Ogden Nash

No comments: