Friday, June 30, 2006

57 Channels and nothing on ..........


We just replaced our digital cable TV box. The other one had gone a bit wonky and would freeze when you tried to display the online guide and choose a movie or channel. After months of living without all the extra features, JB finally took it back to one of our providers local stores. They immediately replaced it. No questions asked. Which leads us to believe there were numerous issues with these boxes as it is normally not that easy to return or exchange anything these days.

JB set it all up two nights ago and we are really happy with the great picture quality and the fact we can now freely change channels without having to reboot the box due to the screen freezing.

Last night I was working away on the computer while JB sat on the sofa flipping and flipping and flipping and then quipped "We have all these channels back and there is nothing on worth watching" I shot back "you could always just turn the TV off!" I found it hilarious that we now have all our gajillion channels back yet an hour later JB was still sitting there dozing off with the remote in hand and some lame show on. At least TV these days works as a great sleep enhancer.


Quote of the day:


I bought a bourgeois house in the Hollywood hills
With a truckload of hundred thousand dollar bills
Man came by to hook up my cable TV
We settled in for the night my baby and me
We switched 'round and 'round 'til half-past dawn
There was fifty-seven channels and nothin' on

Well now home entertainment was my baby's wish
So I hopped into town for a satellite dish
I tied it to the top of my Japanese car
I came home and I pointed it out into the stars
A message came back from the great beyond
There's fifty-seven channels and nothin' on

Well we might'a made some friends with some billionaires
We might'a got all nice and friendly
If we'd made it upstairs
All I got was a note that said "Bye-bye John
Our love is fifty-seven channels and nothin' on"

So I bought a .44 magnum it was solid steel cast
And in the blessed name of Elvis well I just let it blast
'Til my TV lay in pieces there at my feet
And they busted me for disturbin' the almighty peace
Judge said "What you got in your defense son?"
"Fifty-seven channels and nothin' on"
I can see by your eyes friend you're just about gone
Fifty-seven channels and nothin' on...
Fifty-seven channels and nothin'


Bruce Springsteen

No comments: